Monday, March 14, 2011

Splish Splash!

Today was pretty fun.  I did a few things that were pretty relaxing and productive.  First, we finally got some paint for the living room.  My wall has been stripped and ready for a coat of paint for almost a month now, but this is really the first opportunity we had to get to Lowe's and pick paint.  We left the kids with my mother while they napped.  We also eyes some shelves for the wall, curtains for the window and fingered the dishwashers.  I won't even mention the Garden Center, where it took all the strength I had not to go buy packs and packs of seeds, soil and all that good stuff.

Possible Pool?
After Lowe's, we stopped at the Pool store, and priced pools.  Squeeeeee...that was exciting.  It was a bit more expensive than I thought, but apparently it was what John expected.  I like our options, so we have a few things to think about.  I constantly joke with John that we're not rich, unless we have a pool.  It will be fantastic to get one, a life long dream (Is that lame?) and something the entire family would enjoy.  Pool pool pool!  Pool pool pool!

We took the opportunity to go out for a quick snack, just the two of us.  We don't get that often anymore, particularly during the day.  It was almost a date! ;)  Actually, it was just really nice, even if it was just Denny's.

After that, we came home, and I worked on some paper flower pots for my cabbage seeds.  I'll hopefully be filling them tonight, but that will be another post.  But can I get an "Awe man..." for this week's Project: Simplify hot spot?  Paper clutter is the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE!  *facepalms*  I wonder if John will let me buy a filing cabinet this week.  Because honestly, I need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment