Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Paint power

Another busy day for me.  First was the dentist, which I hate going to.  It was just a cleaning, and it honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  There's something relieving about getting your teeth cleaned, particularly when you haven't had it done in a long time.  It didn't hurt too much- the most painful part was getting the bone density checked.  Ow man, isn't there a better way to do that??

After that, I picked up some lovely bagels and donuts from White Rose Bakery in Little Falls.  That's probably the best part of Little Falls, along with the co-op, though I never get there anymore.  The bagels there are absolutely delicious, and it's making it impossible for me to cut out carbs from my diet.

John and Lilia headed to Buffalo to go to the Sabres game.  I was a little bummed, but with Liam still sick, and me wanting to get some work around the house done, we stayed behind.  Liam napped well, and I got some paint on the walls.  I forgot how much painting sucks, but how much it improves a room.  Even with just one coat, the wall no longer looked like a prison wall.  It looks fantastic!  The smell isn't that great, and I only messed up one little part of the molding.  Guess I'll have to paint those too.  Ack.

I also did the second coat tonight, at 11 at night.  Now I'm tired, with a few blisters on my hands.  Pictures soon- I want to wait until the walls are dry!  (It feels so good to be back on track!)

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I love home improvements. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures! Isn't it amazing how a coat of paint makes such a huge difference?

    ReplyDelete