Sunday, September 25, 2011

OMG mini second honeymoon!

I just spent what I believe was my first 24 hours without kids with my husband since we had kids.  No really...Lilia is 4 1/2...and it's the first time we left the kids for longer than a few hours.  It's truly a dumbfounding feeling.  I find myself thinking that there is NO way it could be that long.

It was also really nice.  We went back to the Poconos- where we had our honeymoon- and spent the day and evening and morning and afternoon...just the two of us.  Not only was it refreshing, but I'd have to describe it as healing and renewing.  The place we stayed- Paradise Stream- was nice.  We stayed in the "Diana's Oasis" suites, which had a shower for two, a heart shaped whirl pool tub, a king sized round bed, and a private indoor pool, all of which was enjoyed.

Seriously though...4 1/2 years.  I hope that doesn't mean we're going to go another 4 1/2 before we have another 24 hour vacation from the kids.  I don't think I could handle it.  I love my kids, really, I do.  But sometimes you just need a break.

Here I demonstrate how to use the hot tub...

No comments:

Post a Comment