Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Anniversary, My Love

Add caption
Today is our 10th anniversary.  I don't want to be cliche and say "I can't believe we've been married 10 years" because I can believe it.  It feels like forever, but in a good way.  Happily ever after way.  We've had ups and downs, but I'd say for the most part, John and I have been blessed with a happy marriage.  I think that's what happens when you marry your best friend.  Marriage becomes stupidly easy.  We talk, we laugh, we love.  Oh sure, every once in a while, I get stupid and make life difficult for both of us.  But the great thing about best friends is they are never afraid to slap some sense in you (not literally...) and work things out.
Since we got married, our love hasn't diminished.  It has only grown.  I think it has enveloped us, and our children, and when the world is harsh, it's definitely the warmest blanket I have.  You'd think after 10 years, we'd learn to do things apart.  We haven't.  We rarely do things apart, mainly because it's just no fun to go somewhere and only thing "John would love this." the whole time.  We love to do things together, and some of our hardest struggles has been the inability to do things alone- just the two of us.  We miss hockey games together, and going out for quiet dinners.  Now it's hockey games chasing the two kids, and dinner at Chuck E Cheese.

It's not always easy, and it's not always fun, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.  I love being married to my best friend- my other half, if not my better half.

Happy Anniversary, my love, my best friend, my soul mate.  I've loved these past 10 years, and look forward to the next 10 years.  Oh the adventures we are going to have.  I love you.

1 comment:

  1. *tears* It's so evident you two are meant for each other.

    ReplyDelete