Thursday, February 3, 2011

新年快樂


Xin Nian Kuai Le!  Happy Chinese New Year.  It's the year of the Rabbit.

Every year, I think Chinese New Year comes up on me far faster than I anticipate.  I know because sometime early January I tell myself that I'll do something with the kids, like make a big Chinese dinner, or even had a small party!  And then about a day or two before the actual date, I'll realize that it's Chinese New Year and I'll have no time to plan.

This year was no different.  I didn't dress the kids in traditional Chinese clothes.  In fact, I think Lilia out grew hers, and we need a new one.  Liam might fit his...somehow I doubt it.  I didn't make a big Chinese dinner, or throw a party.  What I did do was put on the Happy Chinese New Year, Kai-Lan episode of Ni Hao Kai-Lan, and make coconut cream buns.  And since I had more dough, I also made hot dog buns, which may sound silly, but we used to eat them at Bao in Buffalo.  I miss that place, I was so sad when they shut down.

Not a bad way to celebrate.  I mean, we're not Chinese, but it's something fun to do with kids.  Maybe next year I'll remember.  Someone remind me, Okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment