Friday, December 30, 2011

On the hook...

Now that the holidays are over, and I'm not knitting mini-stockings every day, I'm working on my crochet skills.  While my friend Harriet was in town, she (once again) got me attempting crochet, and I'm proud to say I caught on this time.

It's just a Triangle
The first thing I have hooked right now is the Just a Triangle shawl from Laughing Purple Goldfish. It's in Sweet Mocha Ombre I Love this Yarn, which I love! The pattern is so simple, it was almost the perfect practice pattern.  I'm already on my second skein of yarn.  I get a little dumbfounded on just how fast you can crochet something up.

Have I mentioned I can't wait to finish this?  I really dislike the cold, and it's been quite cold the last few days.  I'm not the only one either- Liam seems to not enjoy the cold, and neither do my chickens.  In fact, I think my desire for warmth is the theme to this week's projects...

Easy Slouch Beanie
Also hooked is the Very Easy Slouch Beanie (with a brim) from Zesty Nachoes.  Again, a very simple pattern that's just perfect for practicing my stitches.  This time I'm using KnitPick's Cherry Cordial Andes Wool of the Andes bulky yarn and hoping the two hanks I have are enough for the hat and a scarf.  I wouldn't want to have to order more, now would I?

Next week, as long as I finish these projects, will hopefully include some belts for the kids, some fingerless gloves for myself and maybe something delightfully geeky.

No comments:

Post a Comment