Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Favorite Things

It's the season to list such things...the things that bring me joy and happiness- my favorite things.  It was something I spoke to my BFF Harriet about as we came home after she treated me to a little pampering.  She flew all the way from England to visit me, and the family for two weeks.

Being pampered
Who doesn't love being pampered?  I'm not a girly girl, but I admit to love going to the salon to for a manicure and pedicure.  Harriet decided to treat me to a trip to a spa, where we both got a lovely full body hot stone massage.  It was completely awesome- I've never had a massage before. 70 minutes of pure bliss (and a little pain...) and I think I'm going to have to go back for more.  
Craft stores
I don't get to go to craft stores that often anymore.  I think while Harriet was here, we went to Hobby Lobby three times, Jo Ann Fabrics twice and Michael's once.  I love going to craft stores and getting ideas for things, even if I never make them.  (Ok, so that's a little depressing...) and I love going to craft stores with a friend who enjoys the same thing.  

Hockey games (and friends!)
I love hockey.  I don't eat, breath and live hockey the way I used to, but it's still a big part of my life.  I miss being able to go to games as much as I did (but I still have my season tickets!) so going to games is just awesome.  Particularly when it's during a small losing streak but the team wins the night you are there (and the only game the team won while Harriet was in the country.)  Plus sharing the experience with someone who never attended a game before.

I'm so glad that Harriet could come and visit me.  I had a lot of fun with her around and I will miss her immensely.

And those are the things that made me very happy this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment