Thursday, December 9, 2010

Early Christmas Present

I got my Christmas present early.  I've wanted a stand up mixer for a long time, and on Thanksgiving night, I went out with my sisters-in-law for some late night Toys-r-us and Wal-mart shopping.  I saw this, and the price ($149!!!), and immediately texted the husband.  We'd make a Christmas present, but of course Christmas is the time of year a stand up mixer is just so useful!

So today, I opened it, and used it for our first batch of Christmas cookies of the year.  Gingerbread cookies!  It was such a piece of cake, and my house is now filled with the smell of ginger, cloves and cinnamon.  It's so perfect!

Of course, now I don't really have anything to unwrap on Christmas morning...but I'll make up for that by using this little baby everyday until Christmas.  Oh, and subtly hinting to John which accessories I'd like for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, My birthday, Our anniversary, and "My wife is great" day.  I kid, I kid.

2 comments:

  1. I need a good mixer. Jealous.

    Then again, you don't need to mix pre-cut cookie dough blobs that you put on a baking sheet. (That's how I bake.)


    edit: my captcha was Andylt. Yay for husband named captchas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I've gotten some really weird ones.

    The other day at the store I picked up a tub of cookie dough, and told Ace that I needed it while I made cookies.

    Get one! It'll change your life! Probably not, but you'll at least be eating tastier cookies!

    ReplyDelete