Friday, January 27, 2012

On the hook...

I've been working on and off on a few things these past few weeks.  I finished up the hat and scarf I was working on.  I wasn't completely satisfied with it, but I suppose that's normal.  I'm still learning to crochet, so I guess mistakes are bound to happen.  I think I've gotten really good at magic loop.  I get geeky giddy about starting a project with magic loop.  The scarf was really simple- I think it took me an hour or two.  I need to fix the buttons, but it's nice and warm.

I also did my first granny square.  I probably should've picked something less complicated, but it was kind of fun.  I look forward to having enough to make a blanket or something made with granny squares.  There are so many interesting patterns out there.  Practice makes perfect, right?  Heh, I'm going to get a lot of practice!  And I found a really good tutorial on blocking, which I never really understood before.  Or at least, it seemed complicated.  Of course, I'll have to improve my sewing skills. My sewing skills are totally lacking.

I started making doll clothes for Lilia's dolls.  She likes them a lot, and has been asking me everyday to make more.  I made this cute little outfit and hat for her doll (whose name keeps changing...) and now she's requesting shoes and gloves for her.  It makes me laugh a little.  It's a good thing I have a ton of yarn to burn through!  I'm wondering if I can make doll furniture as well.  I'll have to give that a try at some point.  I've seen a few patterns, although I think they might be for barbie.


I also made a Slime amigurumi from Dragon Quest for the husband.  It was a fun little first amigurumi, and I can't wait to make more.  It was a little more complicated than I thought- mainly I didn't realize stuffing the little dude would be so hard.  And like I've said, my sewing skills aren't that great, so creating a mouth and eyes were a little difficult.  I did an okay job I suppose, but I'll have to keep at it until I get it better.


Of course I'm still working on that shawl, but there's no rush in finishing that.  I'll probably work on doll stuff for Lilia, and random granny squares.  I have a like 6 pages of favorites on ravelry, so I might pick one of those at some point.  I started some fingerless mitts, but ened up re-starting the entire project because I didn't like how it was going.   And I may or may not have some secret plans for Valentine's Day.  Just some small handmade presents for the kids, and John.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment