Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm a Home Owner!

Opening the door for the first time!
We finally got the house on August 30th.  Since then, it's been a whirlwind of chaos- moving stuff, unpacking, sorting, organizing, trashing stuff, painting, cleaning...all on top of the normal every stuff.  It's been fun.

Home ownership was something I was unsure if I'd ever get.  It's a very weird feeling after renting my entire life.  But it's an awesome feeling, knowing that I can fix anything that needs to be fixed, or change anything I want to change, as long as I have the financial means, of course.

And we even had the fun of having to do "home owner" type things the very first night.  Our hot water heater pilot light was out, and it was supposed to be lit the day we closed.  However, it wasn't (after being told it was) so when I went to take a hot bath that night, there was no hot water.  So, we sucked it up, and lit the pilot light ourselves.  It was a success!

White and Pink Rose
Name that plant!
I think it's a Yellow Camelia
Unpacking is slow, decorating and painting is slow too.  But I now have fun things to update my blog with, so I hope you all will look forward to that.  (Next update will be Liam's awesome Blue and Gold Bedroom!)  For now, I leave you with some awesome things from my newly acquired garden.  It's a lot of fun trying to figure all the different plant growing in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment