|Ugly but tasty.|
|Cut in half, ready for some cream cheese!|
All in all, I don't think they were bad, but I would like to try a different recipe. And maybe get a dough hook for my Kitchen Aid. Kneading dough is a bummer!
1 cup plus 2 tbsp warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
1 package active dry yeast
2 ½ tsp plus 1 1/2 tsp plus 1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp melted butter
1 ¾ tsp plus ½ tsp salt
1 cup plus 3 to 3 ½ cups bread flour
4 quarts boiling water
1. Combine the water, yeast, and 2 1/2 tsp sugar. Let the yeast dissolve, about 5 minutes.
2. Add in butter, 1 3/4 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp sugar, and 1 cup flour and knead for about 10 minutes. Gradually add in 3 cups flour. Let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Punch down the dough and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each into a rope about 10 inches long. Pinch the ends together into a ring and wet to seal. Let rest for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring water to boil and add in remaining sugar and salt.
5. Boil each ring, about 4 at a time in the water for 45 seconds.
6. Sprinkle with choice toppings and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes. Bake until golden brown.
|Cream cheese tasty|