Saturday, April 24, 2010

Live Action Farmville Pix

I'm really excited. I have so many plants germinating at the moment. So far I have around 225 plants sitting in little green houses on my kitchen island. I have:

Chives
Strawberries
Sunflowers
Tomatoes
Peppers
Basil
Onions
Cucumbers
Oregano
Cilantro
Beans
Rhubarb
Potatoes
Lettuce
Carrots
Squash
Asparagus

Now, I do not have a green thumb, and honestly, I'll be surprised if anything grows. The hardest part is despite having land to plant a garden, I can't. For one thing, the house is too old, with lead paint most likely, which has contaminated the soil. The other is the possibility of moving is high, and I want my veggies to go with me. So, all of these plants will be done via an outdoor container garden. But, I did it last year on my balcony, and have no doubt I can do it again, and maybe even utilize some of the important lessons I learned last year.

But yeah. Excited. I looked today, and a few of my onions and my cucumbers have sprouted a tiny bit. Fresh vegetables are made of win!

Now if I only had my chickens...can you imagine a fresh vegetable omelet, made with fresh veggies, fresh herbs AND fresh eggs? *drool*

No comments:

Post a Comment