Stripping wallpaper is the worst thing ever. If there is a Hell, you can be assured that will be one of chores one will be forced to do for a few hundred years. Removing the paper itself was easy. It's the leftover paint glue that makes everything so difficult. The wallpaper here had a date on the back. 1978. It was as old as I am. Insert facepalm here.
So I stripped away the paper, and very slowly scrubbed every inch of wall. John was very useful here, I tell you. It's very hard for a 5'3 person to scrub the very top of her walls. After scrubbing, and drying, paint went up. This was a slow process. I managed to get a small chunk of the room done back in March. And it was only last week that we did the rest. Though, here's a guilty confession, I still need to do one more coat on one wall.
|Stick to 2 shelves, or add more?|
I'm still deciding on painting the fireplace, and might consider getting new glass doors at some point. I've also decided to make a fireplace cushion to fit over that stone bench there, though it's not needed at this point. For our summer arrangement, we're putting our love seat back in the living room, and assembling our giant couch.
|I love my corner shelf!|
So that's what's been done so far. I'm pretty happy about it all, and should have the rest of the painting and shelves done by the end of this week. I'm crossing my fingers that maybe, just maybe I can get our wall decor up as well, and I'm hoping to find my cute curtain rod. I bought a cute set of curtains, but they are hung on the wrong type of rod. And I need plants now. That's like the ultimate final touch, at least for me.