Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My morning project...

Having a small house, we've had to come up with a place to put the baby after she's born.  Now, I have no qualms with co-sleeping.  I personally just don't sleep well enough when there's a baby in bed with me.  So my plan this time was to get one of Arm's Reach co-sleepers.  Well, I decided I didn't really like them.  At least the mini ones that were in my price range.  I did, however, discover this cute little nursery center.  We bought it way back in August, and I have to say, it took a bit of self control not to open and play with it until now.
The co-sleeper section

This was my morning project.  It wasn't too bad, there were a few complicated parts, mainly squeezing metal rods into places that were tight. I may or may not have squee'd and coo'd at how adorable it really is though.  Not only is it a pack and play, which will be nice when and if we ever travel again, but it also has a bassinet attachment.  And it has a co-sleeper section.  While we haven't attached it to the bed yet, I'm hoping this makes life so much easier for sleeping and for nursing.  There is also a changing table, side compartments and a little attached side bag for diapers and the like.  And we won't get into the little attached "Electronic music center with volume control, nightlight, and vibration".

Actually, we will.  I haven't tried it yet.  But it apparently features options for nature sounds, music, and an mp3 input so you can play your choice of music for the sleeping baby.  These features, on top of the vibration feature, and night light...well, it' a little over the top, at least for me.  I'm not sure if I'll even use them, though it can't hurt to give it a try.  My only disappointment was the lack of a mobile, which some of the other models had.
Next to my messy bed.
Needless to say, I'm still thrilled with my choice, and I am looking forward to putting the baby down in this.  I'm going to leave the whole "attaching the play yard to the bed" thing to John, as that involved removing the top mattress and probably a lot of crawling around on the ground and getting into awkward positions.  A little hard to do at this stage of pregnancy.  


2 comments:

  1. We had this setup for Taylor! :)

    She slept in the bassinet next to our bed for the first two months before upgrading to her nursery and we loved it. We also played with the music center and vibration a lot but discovered she just preferred plain white noise.

    Good buy, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a super buy. I think we have an old play yard either on the floor of the basement or garage, so I was ehhh about using it. We used a bassinet for the previous kids and it was just so convenient for us. And the co-sleeper is a nice little bonus truly. Hopefully it will make it easier for us to get some rest (when we actually get a chance to rest...) and when we're done, I can honestly just let Lilia use it for her dolls.

    Plus it was on sale when we bought it, and I had an additional 20% off that. Gotta love getting good deals.

    ReplyDelete