Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Love Fall

I love Fall, though this year has been to busy to enjoy thus far.  Usually the time of the year consists of Halloween decorations, hockey, hot apple cider, apple pies, trips to Letchworth, and trips to the pumpkin patch.  I only have a few things up for Halloween, and we managed to get a trip to Letchworth in on Sunday on our way home from Buffalo.  Which leaves a lot left to enjoy once I'm done painting my bedroom, which by the way is taking far too long.

One of the nicest extras in our house is a fireplace in the living room.  Which, is easily becoming part of our night time routine.  I never realized how nice having a fireplace, with a fully stocked wood pile, could be, especially as the temperatures have dropped.  Clean up isn't that bad either, made easier with a shop vacuum, which I lack at the moment.

Of course, being this time of year, warm drinks are a good thing.  For awhile, Starbucks was selling an Apple Cider Chai drink, which I loved.  I don't think they sell it anymore.  So here's my own version:

Apple Cider (Enough to fill your mug)
Chai tea bag
Cinnamon stick
Cloves (1-2)
Cardommon (a pinch)

Simmer in a pan, letting the chai seep for a few minutes.  If you don't mind extra calories, top with some whipped cream and nutmeg.  Feel free to use the cinnamon stick as a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment